HAPPY NEW YEAR! A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE UNICORNS WHO MADE AN INVESTMENT TO RVC DURING OUR YEAR-END CAMPAIGN IN DECEMBER 2014!
Rainier Valley Corps (RVC) is a new project with the mission of cultivating leaders of color to strengthen the capacity of ethnic-led nonprofits and create space for collaboration between diverse communities to effect systemic change.
RVC’s plan of action:
– recruit cohorts of 10 to 15 emerging leaders from diverse communities of color each year;
– provide training, support and mentorship to these emerging leaders to further develop their leadership capacity and knowledge of non-profit management, capacity building and working with community dynamics; and
– place them to work full-time in ethnic-led community based organizations (CBOs) to develop the CBOs’ capacity.
In this way, capacity and impact of CBOs is strengthened while leadership from within communities is deepened and supported for the long-term. Read more details here.
We would love for you to get involved in this exciting new venture!
NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!
Quarterly Gathering: SAVE THE DATE! Our next community gathering is set for Thursday January 22, 6-8pm at the Collaboratory located at 5623 Rainier Avenue S. If you missed the last one, come see what all the buzz is about! If you were there, share the fun by bringing friends & colleagues. As usual, there will be amazing local ethnic food, draft beer & wine, inspiring community activists, and stimulating conversations. RSVP here
Like us on Facebook! Thanks to Britt Madsen, our awesome Communications Committee Chair, for making this happen. Our immediate goal is to get 500 likes by January 31. Please help us spread the word!!!
Committee Meetings: Come help give RVC that extra boost! Please see Get Involved for Committee descriptions. All meetings are at our office in the Hillman Collaboratory and include food and drinks. Hey, we know how to treat our great volunteers!
Communications: every second Thursday of the month, 5:30-7pm
Community Engagement: every second Tuesday of the month, 5:30-7pm
Past Quarterly Gathering: A big THANK YOU to everyone who attended our October gathering. Over 50 enthusiastic, smart, good looking people feasted on the taco bar and endless draft beer and wine. We had a great breakout session with everyone contributing to the discussion around funding and resource, many of which are being discussed at our Committee meetings. Three draft logos was presented by our tireless volunteer Stacy Nguyen, with one chosen by an overwhelming majority. Stay tuned as we unveil the new logo!
- Are You Willing to Step Aside in Order to Fight Systemic Injustice? - July 13, 2018
- Karaoke, a Tool for Social Justice - November 29, 2017
- Star Trek and the Future of the Nonprofit Sector - November 8, 2017
- Equity Fatigue and How It Affects Leaders of Color - August 2, 2017
- How to Work With “Difficult” Community Elders - July 12, 2017
- Rainier Valley Corps Welcomes Baby Billy, Newest Member of the RVC Family! - July 5, 2017
- The Stigma Against Fiscal Sponsorship Needs To End - June 14, 2017
- RVC’s new blog: A Feisty Voice for Social Justice - May 3, 2017
- Invest in the kind of leaders we need in this time and place - December 7, 2015
- Reflections from RVC Executive Director Vu Le - May 14, 2015