Hi everyone. Best and cutest news ever! Our Development and Communication Manager Jaleh gave birth to baby Zamara, aka “Billy,” last week! Congrats to Jaleh and Scott. Jaleh will take three months of maternity leave. That gives the team time to convert one of our small rooms in the office into a nursing/changing/baby-
Baby Billy, welcome to the world! You are a part of the RVC family now, an adorable and important reminder of why we do this work each day. We will love and protect you, and when you are ready, probably when you turn five or six, your training will begin. You will learn operations, fundraising, supervision, program implementation, evaluation! Galas and logic models will run deep in your vein! You will breathe strategic thinking and capacity building! We will mold you into a warrior for social justice, like your mother, forged in the fires of Equity! The darkness will come to fear you!
Welcome, and sweet dreams.
Your RVC family[Editor’s note: Jaleh, this is what happens when you’re gone! Vu goes off the rail! We miss you!]
Follow RVC’s blog by email. Enter your email address below and get notice of awesome new posts each Wednesday morning. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Star Trek and the Future of the Nonprofit Sector - November 8, 2017
- Equity Fatigue and How It Affects Leaders of Color - August 2, 2017
- How to Work With “Difficult” Community Elders - July 12, 2017
- Rainier Valley Corps Welcomes Baby Billy, Newest Member of the RVC Family! - July 5, 2017
- The Stigma Against Fiscal Sponsorship Needs To End - June 14, 2017
- RVC’s new blog: A Feisty Voice for Social Justice - May 3, 2017
- Invest in the kind of leaders we need in this time and place - December 7, 2015
- Reflections from RVC Executive Director Vu Le - May 14, 2015
- RVC Updates - January 9, 2015
- About Us - May 13, 2014