We look for leaders that are change-makers, cultivate other leaders, committed to the hard work of personal and professional development, self-aware and self-reflective, address conflict head on, operate with ethics, see vulnerability as a strength, transparent, humility, willing to engage in courageous conversation, and ability to fill a need when they see one. Committed to giving and receiving feedback and operating from a strengthen base approach.
Beyond those qualities, applicants must meet the following minimum standards of eligibility:
- Have at least 4 years of dedicated years of work, academic, and/or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector
- Culturally and linguistically reflect the community in which they will be working
- Demonstrate passion for community work and social justice, and intent to stay and advance in the nonprofit field
- Be prepared to work full-time (37.5+ hours per week) at a CBO Partner organization from August 2019 to August 2021
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S
- A criminal history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being selected as a Fellow. However, some CBO positions may not be open to applicants with certain kinds of criminal record. Applicants should expect to consent to a criminal background report as part of the interview and selection process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PROVIDED BY RAINIER VALLEY CORPS
- Living stipend of $21.50/hr.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 23 days of paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- Monthly Professional Development Training, Conferences, and Additional Professional Development Funding
- Fellows will be matched with a career nonprofit professional mentor to get guidance and support.
- Fellows will also gain access to an expansive network of nonprofit and advocacy leaders.
Ready to apply? Apply here.
FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION TIMELINE & PROCESS
|Priority Application Timeline||
|Info Sessions||December-February 2018-2019|
|Application Deadline||February 28, 2019|
|Application Reviews and Interviews||March-April 2019|
|Priority Fellows Selected||April 15, 2019|
|Regular Application Timeline||Date|
|Info Sessions||March-April 2019|
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2019|
|Application Materials Review and Interviews||May 15-June 15, 2019|
|Fellows Selected||July 1, 2019|