RVC FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet the following minimum standards of eligibility:
- Have at least 4 years of dedicated years of work, academic, and/or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Culturally and linguistically reflect the community in which they will be working.
- Demonstrate passion for community work and social justice, and intent to stay and advance in the nonprofit field.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Be prepared to work full-time (37.5+ hours per week) at a Community Alliance Partner organization from August 2017 to August 2019.
- A criminal history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being selected as a Fellow. However, some positions may not be open to applicants with certain kinds of criminal record. Applicants should expect to consent to a criminal background report as part of the interview and selection process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PROVIDED BY RAINIER VALLEY CORPS
- Living stipend of $19/hr
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 23 days of paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- Monthly Professional Development Training, Conferences, and Additional Professional Development Funding
- Fellows will be matched with a career nonprofit professional to get guidance and support.
- Fellows will also gain access to an expansive network of nonprofit and advocacy leaders.