Position: Fellowship Programs Coordinator
Reports to: Fellowship Programs Director
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Position type: full-time, exempt, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $42,000 – $50,000
Benefits: 23 days paid time off, 11 paid holidays, flexible, family-friendly schedule, medical (zero-deductible HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance, with RVC covering over 90% of the costs of the insurance package
Start date: 06/01/2019
About Rainier Valley Corps
Rainier Valley Corps (RVC) strengthens the power of communities of color in order to create a more equitable society. We do this through our core programs and services as well as through leading partnerships with community members and organizations of color. These members and organizations provide support services tailored to the strengths and needs of the communities they serve.
Summary of Position
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who is passionate about building power and equity in communities of color to be a Fellowship Program Coordinator. We have two fellowship programs that this position would support, the Community Impact Fellowship Program and the Green Pathways Fellowship Program.
Fellowship Programs (50%)
- Manage all aspects of the selection, hiring, and placement process for the fellowship programs in collaboration with Program Manager and Program Director
- Implement the recruitment plan which includes (but not limited to) advertising, coordinating recruitment events such as info sessions, tabling, and visiting partner organizations
- Manage and coordinate the mentorship program logistics of the Fellowship Programs in collaboration with the Program Manager
- Collaborate with the Program Manager and Program Director on program and curriculum development
- Oversee solicitation and assessment of evaluations on fellows, trainers, staff, and community organizations as they relate to fellow trainings
- Provide resource information, professional development, and volunteer opportunities and referrals regarding fellowship training and more
- Assist with program grant reporting and tracking
- Lay the foundation for an alumni program for the Fellowship Programs
- Provide other program support as needed
- Coordinate monthly check-ins with the Fellows and use a coaching philosophy to support their professional and personal development
- Manage and track professional development plans, resources, and opportunities that align with leadership development goals and technical skill goals
- Revise and track work plans of each Fellows and use it as a tool for check-ins, accountability, and advocacy if necessary
Mentorship Program (15%)
- Manage Mentorship Program to ensure successful fellow and mentor matching
- Plan and facilitate quarterly mentor convenings and space for support
- Quarterly check-in with mentors to provide technical support
- Outreach and recruitment of mentors that align with the needs and interests of fellows
General Operations (10%)
- Collaborate with staff in making key strategic decisions affecting RVC’s future
- Engage in deep professional development
- Participate in staff meetings, attend community events, and otherwise contribute to strengthening the deep roots within our community, both internally and externally
- Submit and track program expenses based on RVC protocol
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), critical thinking, customer service and organizational skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently and work effectively under pressure.
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to be flexible about changing priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- A positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Highest level of discretion in protecting confidential information and preserving database security
- Willingness to take initiative and generate creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to execute routine administrative procedures with a focus on smooth and efficient operation
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and a commitment to professional conduct in all situations
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (mail merge, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with communities of color and grassroots organizations
- Passion for working in the nonprofit sector
- Talent for creating and managing systems
- An eye for creating efficiencies and keeping track of details
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with diverse individuals from many different backgrounds
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Love of continuous learning
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
- Commitment to our mission and our values of Equity, Integrity, Community, Action, and Transformation
- A great sense of humor!
This is a full-time, exempt position, working 37.5 hours per week, with a salary range of $42,000-$50,000 . Salary offer will be dependent on experience. We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
We provide 23 days of Paid Time Off, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule. We provide medical (zero-deductible HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance, with RVC covering over 90% of the costs of the insurance package.
Our Hiring Process and Timeline
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews in early May.
- We will begin in-person one-hour interviews in mid May. If you are invited for an in-person interview, we will ask for two work samples relevant to this position, e.g. a process you created, a writing sample, or other relevant materials.
- Finalists will be invited to a second-round one-hour interview, and we will make an offer shortly thereafter.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start in early June
A criminal background will not automatically eliminate you from consideration. A criminal history background check will be conducted on the final candidate prior to beginning employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rainier Valley Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Assistance and/or reasonable accommodations during the application process are available to individuals upon request. To request assistance or accommodation, please contact [email protected].