Position: Operations Support Program Manager
Reports to: Operations Support Program Director
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Position type: full-time, exempt, 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: 23 days paid time off, 11 paid holidays, flexible, family-friendly schedule, medical (zero-deductible HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance, with RVC covering over 90% of the costs of the insurance package
Start Date: August 2019
About Rainier Valley Corps
Rainier Valley Corps (RVC) strengthens the power of communities of color in order to create a more equitable society through capacity-building, leadership development, and operations support. We accomplish this through our core programs and services as well as through leading partnerships with community members and organizations of color. These members and organizations provide support services tailored to the strengths and needs of the communities they serve.
Summary of Position
Rainier Valley Corps is looking for an Operations Support Program Manager who wants an opportunity to learn and develop within an organization that is growing rapidly. The Operations Support Program Manager will be joining a growing Operations Support Program team to ensure that our partner organizations receive timely, effective support with managing their back office. RVC intends to invest deeply in the professional development of this position so that they can grow and develop as the program grows, gaining increasing levels of responsibility and opportunity over time.
Partner Organization Operations Support (70%)
- Act as the primary point of contact with partner organizations receiving operations support, maintaining a high level of responsiveness and building strong, trusting relationships
- Manage financial systems, acting as primary point of contact with our external accounting team, ensuring that all paperwork and reports are high-quality and timely, and coaching partner organizations on their budgets and financial practices
- Provide human resources support, conducting human resources orientations for new employees, responding to human resources-related questions, supporting staff search and hiring processes, and managing benefits provision
- Facilitate onboarding of new partner organizations, ensuring that they feel well-supported and oriented to our systems and policies
Operations Support Program Management (20%)
- Monitor the Operations Support Program budget and plan strategically for the program’s growth
- Ensure all legal paperwork, licensing, insurance, and other aspects of organizational operations are properly maintained
- Ensure that RVC’s finance, human resource, and legal systems are efficient and user-friendly, strategically assessing them regularly and making improvements
- Play a key role in developing RVC’s operations support program
- Take the lead on special projects to research and improve various aspects of the support RVC provides to partner organizations
- Supervise junior Operations Support Program staff, mentoring and supporting their professional development
General Operations (10%)
- Collaborate with staff in making key strategic decisions affecting RVC’s future
- Engage in deep professional development
- Contribute to general office management, supporting accounting and human resource systems
- Participate in staff meetings, attend community events, and otherwise contribute to strengthening the deep roots within our community, both internally and externally
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), critical thinking, customer service and organizational skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently and work effectively under pressure.
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to be flexible about changing priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- A positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Highest level of discretion in protecting confidential information and preserving database security
- Willingness to take initiative and generate creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to execute routine administrative procedures with a focus on smooth and efficient operation
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and a commitment to professional conduct in all situations
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with communities of color and grassroots organizations
- Passion for working in the nonprofit sector
- Experience managing operations
- Talent for creating and managing systems
- An eye for creating efficiencies and keeping track of details
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with diverse individuals from many different backgrounds
- Comfort with computers and a variety of online platforms
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Love of continuous learning
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Financial management experience
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
- Commitment to our mission and our values of Equity, Integrity, Community, Action, and Transformation
- A great sense of humor!
This is a full-time, exempt position, working 37.5 hours per week, with a salary range of $50,000-$65,000. Salary offer will be dependent on experience. We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
We provide 23 days of Paid Time Off, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule. We provide medical (zero-deductible HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance, with RVC covering over 90% of the costs of the insurance package.
Our Hiring Process and Timeline
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews in late June and early July.
- We will begin in-person one-hour interviews as early as mid July. If you are invited for an in-person interview, we will ask for two work samples relevant to this position, e.g. a process you created, a writing sample, or other relevant materials.
- Finalists will be invited to a second-round one-hour interview, and we will make an offer shortly thereafter.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start in mid to late August.
A criminal background will not automatically eliminate you from consideration. A criminal history background check will be conducted on the final candidate prior to beginning employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rainier Valley Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Assistance and/or reasonable accommodations during the application process are available to individuals upon request. To request assistance or accommodation, please contact [email protected].
People of color, especially those from Southeast Seattle, are strongly encouraged to apply.