Let Us Seamlessly Manage Your Operations so You Can Focus on Your Organization’s Mission
Today, there’s an urgent need for organizations led by communities of color to be stable and do their work effectively. However, many organizations have to spend a significant amount of time and energy on operations, such as financial management, HR, payroll, legal compliance, or insurance. RVC believes there’s another way.
The Benefits of Being an Operations Support Partner
By centralizing the operations of many smaller organizations, RVC streamlines their administration and provides the highest quality back-office support. This frees up the time and energy of our Operations Support Partners to focus on providing more effective services, building community power, and changing inequitable systems and policies.
RVC serves community-based organizations that are led by and serve people of color throughout the Seattle area. What is notable about our program is that a lot of our partnerships are long-term partnerships, in order to provide a values-driven focus to nonprofit work. Our operations support helps our members grow, save time, and run effectively.
An Overview of our Services
Our Operations Support Partners can easily adopt a full package of services, which is specifically tailored to the needs of nonprofits of color. There is no need to develop their own systems; we use best-in-class policies and procedures that ensure their organization maintains the highest standards. Our holistic approach manages many core aspects of operations:
- Human Resources — We administer payroll, maintain the employee handbook and all related policies, manage employee hiring, support handling any HR issues that arise, and provide excellent benefits — zero-deductible gold HMO and silver PPO health insurance options, as well as 23 days of PTO.
- Accounting — We balance the books, track all receipts and financial paperwork, provide regular financial coaching, support the budgeting process, and ensure healthy financial oversight.
- Legal — We review contracts, ensure proper risk management, provide legal advice and insurance for most common nonprofit activities, maintain 990s, and more.
Capacity-Building Coaching Included
We also provide capacity-building coaching alongside operations support, charting a customized path forward for each organization. This ensures that organizations receive culturally-responsive coaching, organizational assessments, customization of capacity building plans, and consulting support based on organizational needs.
In exchange for our suite of operations support and capacity building services, Operations Support Partners of RVC pay 10–14% of the partner’s overall operating expenses.
Starting Eligibility Requirements
- Your organization must be led by people of color (in managing roles or above)
- Your organization must primarily serve communities of color
To Schedule an Initial Meeting, Contact
Jojo Gaon, RVC Operations Support Program Director, [email protected], 206-659-8756